Sunday, August 12, 2012

Vacation pics & health update

Finally took a picture of the Santa ornament I finished for my grandgirl.  Hope she likes it, even if it is nearly a year late.


Now for some pics from my wonderful vacation to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico a couple weeks ago.  Wish I was still there.  ;-)  First pic is my first day there enjoying a virgin strawberry daiquiri - YUM!  Second pic is the view of the Pacific Ocean from my hotel room.  Would love to have this view every day.



Theses next pics are at the Dolphin Encounter with my daughter-in-law, Lisa and my son, Mark.  The dolphin's name is Renoir (Rennie for short).  This was an awesome experience to hug him & give him a kiss on his nose.  Didn't swim with him because I can't swim.  ;-(





These pics are me enjoying the view from the hotel balcony and me posing before going to dinner.


This pic is me standing on the bridge over the main swimming pool with the moon overhead.

This is a family of seals (mama & 2 pups) on the rocks. Went on a sunset cruise and this was one of the sights we saw.



This pic is The Land's End Arch we saw on the sunset cruise (where the Sea of Cortez meets the Pacific Ocean).  What a beautiful sight!


Finally, here are a couple pics of the beautiful hotel facility we stayed at.


This vacation was wonderful for me and really rose my spirits.  Gave me a little break from dealing with my cancer.  I came home on Saturday and saw the oncologist on Monday.  I was prepared for the bad news I received.  All chemo treatments are being stopped because they weren't helping me.  My neuropathy is not getting any better.  My hands and feet are numb and hurt, so it also affects my balance making me have to use a cane all the time.  I have many malignant lymph nodes throughout my body.  There is no other chemo I can take and no clinical trials I can take.  So now it's just time for me to live out my life the best I can.  The doctor said I have 2 - 6 months.  Who knows, I may have more time, but only God knows.

I'm keeping myself busy and have a positive attitude.  I am going through my belongings and taking things to the thrift shop and books to the library.  Still haven't gone through all my cross stitch stash, but will be doing that also.  Not quite sure how I want to disburse all of it yet, but want it to go to people who will appreciate it.  I truly do miss stitching, but my numb hands just don't work well enough to stitch.  ;-(

I plan to post here and keep everyone updated on my health.  Also want to post some pics of the upcoming visit by my daughter and grandgirl.  We're planning to spend a couple days at Corpus Christie while she's here (I've never been there).

Thanks for reading and it really warms my heart to have so many followers and all the wonderful comments you've all made throughout the 7 years I've had this blog.  It's now in God's Hands for how much longer I'll have this blog.

Much love and many hugs,
Barb




17 comments:

Deb said...

What a wonderful vacation. The Santa ornie is adorable. Our thoughts are with you as you work your way through the days.

Vilma's Blog said...

Hi Barbara,
You might prove that your doctors are wrong. Your mind and attitude can change many things.
I loved your finished projects.
Your vacation was fantastic!
Hugs, love,
Vilma.

Christina said...

what lovely vacation pics. Great job on your ornament. I'm sure your granddaughter will love it. Thoughts and prayers going your way.

Cindy's Stitching said...

beautiful pictures. the santa is so cute. Remember god is in control of all things. I said a prayer over you. Blessings to you.

Terry's Crafty Fingers said...

Barbara,
The vacation photos are lovely. The Santa Ornament is a treasure that your grandgirl will love and cherish forever.

i respect your decision on the chemo.
with your amazing attitude you may prove the doctors wrong. Only God knows when it's time for you to come home.

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers for your days to be relatively easy and as pain free as possible.

Much Love and (((HUGS))) to you and the entire family.
Terry F in FL.

Jana said...

Oh Barb. I'm so sorry to hear this! My heart aches for you. I will remember you in my prayers as you go through these days ahead. I am so thankful you have a peace about it all. I will pray specifically that you will continue to have that peace that passes all understanding!
Blessings,
Jana C in Tulsa, OK

Tracey said...

What a sweet ornament! I have never seen one like that before. What a treasure for you granddaughter. Wonderful pics of your vacation! Praying for you!!

Nancy in IL said...

Barb, what a wonderful ornament you have made for your granddaughter! This is something made by you that she will carry with her throughout her life and decorate every tree she ever has.

Great pix you got of your trip to Cabo - what a wonderful place to visit - true paradise! Your enjoyment of the trip shows on your face and body language, and you look so well, not a trace of illness to be seen.

I'm so happy you're sharing your life in words and pictures, and I have bookmarked your Picasa and Webshots and joined your blog, hoping to learn more about you and your stitching work, though I've seen that we share similar taste in designs. You've got great taste, LOL!

I look forward to hearing more from you, and know that you're held in many hearts and much prayer. You're a truly remarkable person.

Anonymous said...

You are an inspiration to a lot of people Barb and I hope you can stay positive in the days ahead.

Your stitching is wonderful and your grand daughter will treasure the Santa for ever,

Stay strong and you may prove the doctors wrong, I do hope so.

Tender hugs,
Hazel c (uk)

Sandra said...

Hi Barb! Lovely Santa ornie, I'm sure she'll treasure it.

Seems you had a wonderful vacation on Cabo San Lucas. swimming with dolphins is on my bucket list. I'll have to do that some day.

I'm sorry to hear about your health. It's hard to stay positive when you're given such news, but only God knows what He has planned for us and why things happen. Back in 1994 my mom was told she'll only have three months to live, she's still here and healthy, thank God.

I'll be keeping you on my prayers.

Hugs!

Maureen said...

Thank you for sharing your wonderful holiday pics. Looks just gorgeous. My thoughts are with you.

Kate said...

So sorry to hear of your news. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts.

Kathy Bradford said...

you never know what can happen ahead just hope you do not have a lot of pain because that is not fun. My cousin is starting cheno round number thre but I don't think she is strong enough for this battle Eight years ago the doctors tole her she might have five yearswell like I said that was eight years ago so go for it Sincerely Kathy B in Ohio

patternnuts said...

Warmest thoughts.... with the best times possible vacationing, spending time with your family and every and anything else you enjoy doing.

glenda said...

I love you!!

I'm cutting deals with God even as I write this :)

Stitching in the country said...

Sorry to hear your news Barbara but I'm sure you will make the most of what time you have. Your holiday looked fantastic and I'm so glad you had a good time. Keep on being positive. Its amazing what an effect mind over matter can make.

Best wishes
Kay

September said...

Hello

Just found you via Daffycat.
Your Santa finish is beautiful and your holiday photos are stunning.
My thoughts are with you.