Sunday, February 12, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day

Hard to believe it's already February.  I wish everyone a very Happy Valentine's Day.  Hope you get lots of chocolates, flowers, and love.  I've got lots to share with ya'll.  I'll begin with my stitching news.  Have received some wonderful RAKs. 




I don't know who sent me this wonderful fabric, silk threads & needles.  They came from 123 Stitch, but there was no name of who sent them.  Whoever you are, thank you so very much.  It truly brightened my day.












Wendy from SanMan Originals sent me this generous package of fabric, threads, charms, 4 small & 1 large kit.  She felt that the small kits would be good for me to work on while receiving my chemo, which I agree. Thank you so much Wendy.  I love everything.



I received these charts from Lisa and am really looking forward to stitching these up.


Georgena sent me these for our freebie chart exchange in the CSE group.  She said she had already chosen the heart maze chart and then found out I like cats, so added the additional cat chart.  Thank you so much Georgena for a wonderful exchange.


I sent this to my wonderful friend, Glenda.  It was a late birthday gift and I didn't do the finishing, so she could decide how she wanted it finished.


Here's my progress on some of my WIPocalypse 2012 projects.



Here's my Jimmie Johnson wall.  I was thrilled when I received the mounted memories plaque that I won from Lowe's Racing on Twitter.  How awesome to have an original autographed photo of Jimmie and an actual piece of race-used tire.  I never imagined such a wonderful plaque and am over the moon about it.  Note the heart shaped light glare in the 1st photo.  lol  I had to save this photo with the heart to show my love for JJ & Nascar.  hehe


Finally, an update on my health.  I began this new chemo treatment on January 2nd.  The side effects are sensitivity to cold and extreme fatigue.  I feel wiped out all the time.  As soon as I get the chemo, I feel pins & needles in my hands & feet and wow, does that hurt.  Last treatment, my hands hurt so bad that I couldn't take off my clothes & had to sleep in them the 1st night.  I'm now taking Lyrica for that and it does seem to be working.  I have to wear gloves whenever I touch anything in the frig or freezer.

Seems like chemo has affected my nerves more than anything else.  The hands & feet syndrome (neuropathy) are the main problem, but I also have difficulty with my balance at times so have to be careful I don't fall down.  I may have to start using my cane (that I got after my surgery) again.  My thinking is also affected by the chemo.  It's referred to as chemo-brain.  I forget a lot and am at a loss for words when having a conversation with someone.  It's so annoying to not be able to think of the word I want to say or even forget what I was saying in the middle of a sentence.

I'm just hoping the chemo is doing it's job.  The lymph node in my neck is smaller, which is a good sign.  I just take it one day at a time and leave everything in God's Hands.

Thanks for visiting.  I love to read your comments even if I'm not good at responding to them.  Thank you for all your kind words, support & encouragement.  It gives me strength to continue.  

Much love & hugs to ya'll,
Barb











 

4 comments:

Meari said...

What a wonderful array of mail packages you received!

Hang in there with the chemo. I hope it does its job. ((hugs))

Shelley said...

You are loved by many Barb!

I hope the side effects of your chemo don't drag you down too deep.

Sending healing thoughts and happy vibes your way...

Beth Pearce said...

Congrats on all your great goodies! You sure did make a great haul!

Sounds like you might be taking Taxall (sp). That sure did give me the tingling and pain. Most of it is gone now, but still have some numbness in the bottom of my feet. Hope things get better soon.

glenda said...

You got some great stuff! The really small designs are handy when you don't feel good. My moose is the most fabulous thing EVER!!! He is in my office right now. I got a frame, but still like to pick him up and fondle him :)
My love and good thoughts are with you every day.