Sunday, February 26, 2012

2012 WIPocalypse update

Wanted to do a quick update to show my first 2012 finish.  I'm making some prgress on my 2012 WIPocalpyse - slowly, but it's progress.  


This is a charity square for Q4OC and I'm thrilled to have stitched this for a young lady's quilt.




Design - Bluebird of Happiness
Designer - Joanne Sanderson
Nov 2004 UK Cross Stitcher Magazine
14 ct white aida & DMC threads

Now that I've finished this, I'm moving on to the other 2 charity squares (evil queen from Snow White) & a heart design.

I've also begun working on an art journal.  I'm making it from a composition book per directions from the Lil Boo blog.  When I actually have something to show, I'll post a pic here.

Tomorrow is chemo day, so I'll be going in to my son & dil's tonight.  I'm hoping this treatment goes as smoothly as the last one did.  I didn't have as much pain in my hands & feet & I think that has a lot to do with the Lyrica medication I'm now taking.

Nascar has begun!!!  YIPPEE!!!  Today's Daytona 500 race is delayed because of rain, but looks like the weather has improved and they are in the process of drying off the track.  I'm excited about watching the race.  Go Jimmie Johnson!!!

Tonight is the Oscars and I'll probably watch it - or at least some of it.  When it begins to drag on & get boring, I'll call it a night.  lol

That's it for now.  Gotta start getting my things packed, so I'm ready to leave when the Nascar race is finished.  Thanks for visiting and hope ya'll come back now.

Barb


11 comments:

Barb said...

What a cute piece! I love the colors. Great job on it.

Meari said...

Congrats on your finish. It's really cute.

Good luck on your art journal. I looked at the link, and it looks like a lot of work! LOL

Beth Pearce said...

Very cute charity square! Congratulations on the finish! Hope you had good luck with your chemo!

Lana said...

Congrats on your first finish for the year!!! It looks great!!!

glenda said...

Yeah, NASCAR!!!!
So happy the Lyrica is working for you and at least a small part of the crappiness is being alleviated.

take care, my friend

Carolyn NC said...

Nice finish! Hope your treatment goes smoothly, too!

milly said...

Hello

just found your blog.

I love your quilt square finish, it's so sweet.

Enjoy Nascar and hope your treatment goes well.

Happy stitching.

Deb said...

Cute bluebird! Best wishes with the chemo.

Deb said...

Hi Barbara
I am passing on the Liebster Award to you, as one of my 5 stitchers blogs. To accept the award and veiw the requirements, you can visit my blog at http://debthehappystitcher.blogspot.com
Wonderful work! Deb

Shelley said...

Barb-
Your first finish of the year is adorable.

How is your chemo going?

Hope to hear from you in blogland again soon.

Ailsa said...

Barb,
I'm sorry it's taken me so long to get around to thanking you personally for stitching that beautiful square for my quilt. I so appreciate it. It's absolutely beautiful. And such a perfect verse to remember when going through a rough time. I'm so sorry to hear about your health - you are in my prayers and thoughts. I just wanted to take the time to say thank you for my square. My quilt sits on my bed and every night as I lie awake unable to sleep it reminds me that I'm not alone, that I'm loved, and that I can keep fighting. It's come to hospital with me already too, and it completely brightened up my room <3

Sending you prayers and much love.
xx Ailsa xx