Monday, December 19, 2011

Merry Christmas!!!

I seem to have gotten lazy about doing posts on my blog.  I think that has lots to do with the fact that I haven't done too much stitching.  I always posted more when I had pics to share of my stitching projects.  But I do have lots of pics to post now with the holiday exchanges I've been in at the Chatty Stitching Exchangers (CSE) yahoo group.  


The first pic is of all the birthday goodies I received from members of the CSE birthday floss club (my birthday was in Sept).  I just love all the floss.


The second pic is the wonderful package I received from Pirjo for my birthday, prize for winning a name that word game, and for a fall exchange.  She is such a sweetheart for sending me such a wonderful package of fantastic items.  I love them all!!!




The third pic is of an ornament stitched for me by Glenda for a stitched Christmas ornament exchange.  She knows how much I love Margaret Sherry designs, so this was the purr-fect ornament for me.

The fourth pic is of a Hob Nobb kit I just won on Ebay.


 


These pics are of items I sent to others.


This first one is the Halloween package of goodies I sent to my grandgirl.

The 2nd one is a pic of all the items I sent to Shelley for the fall exchange.






These are pics of the ornament I stitched for Elizabeth for the Christmas stitched ornament exchange.  As you can see, I completely ruined the heart shaped ornament while trying to do the finishing, so had to make her a new one (snowman).  I made sure to do a simple finishing on it so I wouldn't mess up again.























I'm now opening gifts every day for the CSE Advent Exchange.  Glenda had my name and she is sending me loads of wonderful gifts.  Here's pics of all the wrapped pressies prior to opening any of them.

This post is pretty photo heavy so I'll do a new post with pics of what I've opened in the Advent Exchange.  I just love this exchange that the CSE group does every year.

I have so many UFOs & WIPs, that I decided to make 2012 a year of trying to finish up as many of these as possible.  I've joined WIPocalypse.  If you're interested in joining, just click on the link and go to the site.  All the instructions are there.

I've found myself totally addicted to a new site - Pinterest.  There are so many beautiful pictures there, loads of links to craft projects, recipes, handy tips, and so much more.  Check it out!  In my attempt to spend less time on facebook, Pinterest has helped me accomplish that goal.  However, now I spend WAY TOO MUCH time on Pinterest.  LOL

As for my health, I just had a pet scan last week and will find out the results from my oncologist this coming Thursday.  I'm thinking positive and hoping for good news.

Well, that's it for now.  Thanks so much for visiting and feel free to leave me comments.  I really do enjoy reading them and apologize to anyone I haven't sent personal replies to.

Many Hugs,
Barb

2 comments:

Annie said...

So many fun packages traveling between stitchers!

Sending good thoughts for good results from the tests.

Happy Holidays!

Meari said...

I like Pinterest too! So much crafty goodness.

I wondered what happened with the heart ornament. :( The snowman is adorable, though.

Your exchange packages are awesome!