Saturday, May 14, 2011

Stitching and Health Update

I finished Joyful Summer and am quite pleased with how it turned out.  The fabric is Picture Plus and I used the Crescent Colors & DMC threads called for (with a few color changes).

I've been working on my Papillon Creations Castles in the Air SAL and have finally gotten up to part 12.  I love how this design is coming along and the photo doesn't do justice to it at all.


Now for my great news.  My recent pet scan showed I have no signs of malignancy and the doctor said I'm in remission.  Never expected to hear such good news so soon.  The chemo is doing its job and I so very grateful.  Of course, I'll have to continue receiving chemo to prevent the cancer cells from returning.  I want to thank everyone for your prayers and support.  Bless every one of you!


Many Hugs,
Barb

14 comments:

Karen said...

Kudos on a nice finish and very pretty WIP. Great news about your health and wish you continued improvement.

happy stitching....

Marita said...

It looks lovely, congrats Barb on a beautiful finish.

Shelley said...

Remission!! That is awesome news...
Love your new finish, it is very pretty.

Your SAL is coming along great!

mdgtjulie said...

Congratulations on being cancer free. That must be a huge weight off of your mind! You SAL looks good. Pics never show their true glory though!

Nita said...

Wonderful news, Barb...great that you are in remission. Your Joyful Summer is beautiful. I have this kitted and will hopefully get to it one day:)

Ranae said...

Such a pretty finish and love the WIP too.
That is great news you have received

Cindy's Stitching said...

love this piece. Castles in the Air is looking great. What a big project to take on. Glad eveything turned out well with the doctors news.

glenda said...

OMG OMG OMG!!!!! I am so happy there are tears running down my face! You are a pretty fabulous woman :)

On a MUCH lower note (lol) your stitching is lovely. At this very moment I am telling myself that it's time to sit down and stitch. I just brought the stitching light in today, so no more excuses.

love you!! Congratulations!!!

Lana said...

Love both your stitched pieces!! great job on your finish! And I am sooooo happy for the wonderful news on your health!!! That is awesome!! I have goosebumps as I write this!!

Carolyn NC said...

So glad to hear the good news! and what a lovely finish!

Sandra said...

That's wonderful news Barb!!! Glad to hear it.

Your Joyful summer is adorable! I LOVE that design.

Your CIA SAL is looking wonderful. I have both the xs and the specialty stitches version,though haven't been able to start, it's such a pretty design.

Big hug from rainy Venezuela!

Ági said...

You have done some lovely stitching, congratulations. Great blog.
And I have only heard about your health problem but sincerely hope you will be absolutely all right soon.

Meari said...

Great news about the cancer, Barb! Yay, I'm happy for you. :)

Congrats on your finish. It turned out very pretty. CIA looks great, too.

Anonymous said...

So happy to hear the good medical news! Your stitching is beautiful. May your blessings continue!