Monday, March 21, 2011

Happy March!

Wow, it's been a couple months since I posted here.  But I have been doing quite a bit of stitching during this time.  Without further ado, here's some of my recent finishes.  This first one is a Funk & Weber design I stitched on 16 ct Sterling aida from Picture This Plus.



This piece is a Dimensions Kit.  I laid the stitched piece on the finishing fabric so you can see how it will look (somewhat) when made into a small ornament.


This last one is Lizzie Kate's Cat Lessons For People stitched with on Sapphire Stitching 18 ct 60's Flashback fabric with DMC threads. I plan to frame it.


I still have a couple other finishes to post, but I need to sew on the buttons first.  Have lots of stitching time during my 4-5 hour chemo treatments and then I also stitch a lot afterward.  I'm tired much of the time, but still manage to stitch.

Now for my health update.  I've had 5 chemo treatments so far and my last CT scans showed the malignant cells have decreased in size.  The main side effects I'm having are painful swelling & peeling of my palms & bottom of my feet.  In fact, my treatment the last week of February was canceled to give my hands some healing time.  I have to use Bag Balm every night (wearing gloves & socks since it's so greasy) and Udderly Smooth during the daytime.  So far, so good!  Doctor decreased the medicine in the chemo that caused the problem and I didn't go through this from my treatment last week.

Thanks for visiting and comments you leave.  I so appreciate hearing from everyone.  And thanks for your continued prayers and good thoughts.

Many Hugs,
Barb in TX



10 comments:

Shelley said...

Your stitching looks wonderful.

I'm so happy to hear that your chemo treatments are showing positive results. Sorry to hear about your hands and feet though. Hopefully whatever the dr did to your chemo treatment helps prevent that.

Hugs :)

Niina said...

I'm glad to hear that you are having results with chemo. And good that you managed to have rest time and your side effects are easier.
Cat's lessons is beutiful and fabric fits perfectly!
Hugs, Niina from CSE

CJ said...

Hi Barb -

It is so good to hear from you and I am so glad that you are stitching up a storm. Just keep on stitching and please update us more often on how you are doing.

CJ

glenda said...

so many wonderful things in this post! Congrats on being the first to finish the SAL...I'm almost half done. Very happy to hear the chemo is working...very happy. lots of hugs to you!

Stitcher said...

Lovely projects. And glad you're doing well with the Chemo. Wishing you all the best.

Chris.x

shutterbug (Elaine) said...

So happy to hear the chemo seems to be doing it's job. :) Sorry about the side effects but I'm sure in the long run it will be worth it. You seem to be very positive about it which can only help things along. Your stitching looks great! I absolutely love Cat Lessons!! I wanted to join the SAL but just ordered 2 Hinzeit kits for DH and a friend. I'm past my $ limit for stash for a while. :p
{{{hugs}}} Elaine

DUSTY said...

WOW your stitching looks great. I really like "anything is possible" Hope you have better luck with your chemo treatments. I will keep you in my prayers

Babs in Alabama said...

Love your finishes, Barb, and all this while you're going through chemo. Sorry about your hands and feet, but your positive attitude must do wonders for you while it reminds us not to complain :)
hugs and prayers,
babs (I love the cat ornie & fab)

Meari said...

Glad your chemo is going pretty well. Congrats on your finishes. The fabric looks really great with the ornie. I like the fabric you chose for Cat Lessons, too.

Daffycat said...

The finishing fabric you've chosen for the angel cat piece is just purrfect! This is going to be sooo cute!

Great finish on your Cat Lessons! This design is made to make one smile.

It's such great news to hear the treatments are working. So not fair to have reactions in your hands & feet. Hands especially ~ not good for stitching! Hopefully this won't occur again.