Monday, January 10, 2011

Happy 2011!

Happy New Year everyone!  I hope 2011 is starting off to be a promising year for yall.  I've been doing a "little" stitching, but have nothing yet to show.  I do have one picture of a charity square I stitched for Q4OC.  I feel so honored to have my lilies square used for a pillow to go along with the quilt for this young lady.  The quilter did a marvelous job of making the pillow.




Most of my time has been focused on my health issues.  So here goes for the update.  I had a pet scan, CT scans (pelvis, abdomen, chest & neck), needle biopsy on a lump in my neck at the end of December.  The results showed that the cancer has spread into my lymph nodes (the lump in my neck is malignant) and my cancer is now a stage 4.  Statistics say that I have 1 - 3 years, but I don't plan to give up so easily.  It's in God's Hands and I plan to do my part to stay as healthy as I possibly can.


Then I had outpatient surgery the last week of December to have a port put into my chest for the chemo treatments.  This is much better than having to have IVs put into my arms all the time.


My 1st chemo treatment was on Monday, January 3rd and it went very well.  They gave me anti-nausea medicine before the chemo began & I also have pills that I took afterwards.  I'm happy to say that I had NO nausea.  However, I did have some diarrhea & used Lomotil to clear it up.


The chemo treatment lasted approximately 5 hours and then I was sent home with a pump in a fanny pack to continue my treatment for 2 more days.  I will have treatments every other week for at least 6 to 8 months.  I'm sure I will experience some side effects as I go along (weight loss, fatigue, loss of appetite, loss of hair), but I'm concentrating on today.  No sense in worrying about something that might or might not happen in the future when I can enjoy each of my todays.  And for now, I'm enjoying food!  ;-)


I want to thank all of you for your prayers, support and encouragement.  It means so very much to me to feel such an outpouring of love from yall.  I feel strength from your support and plan to stick around for as long as possible.  Thank you for visiting and please come back.  Bless you all!!!

Love & Hugs,
Barb

8 comments:

Lana said...

Barbara!! You are definitely in my prayers during this hard time!! You sound like such a strong woman!!!

Shelley said...

Your charity square is gorgeous!

You will be in my thoughts and I'm sending good vibes your way. I hope your treatments don't come with too many yucky side effects. Take each day at a time and always hold your head high :)

Meari said...

Barb, sending good healing thoughts your way. And of course, ((hugs)).

The pillow turned out great. You should be proud! :)

Anonymous said...

You have a very good attitude; I believe that will be of good help to you. God Bless You. I wish the very best for you.

Daffycat said...

I am sure you must be frightened to pieces with that information but I'm gladdened to hear you plan on fighting strong. *Hugs*

glenda said...

Your pillow is too fabulous!!!

I think of you each and every day. God and I talk about you a lot.

You are a strong woman.

you are so dear to me :)

love,
g

Sonda in OR said...

I only just read your December post and I'm stunned. I will be sending healing thoughts your way and praying for strength and peace to find you on the days where yours is not enough...((hugs))

Mary Ivancicts said...

Been thinking about you....

Hoping you are doing well, sending thoughts and prayers your way.