Thursday, February 04, 2010

PIF, Stitching & Nascar

Wow, can't believe it's been so long since I've posted on here. I've got lots of catching up to do.
First, I've got a PIF (Pay it Forward) to post. Some months ago, I was one of the lucky winners of a PIF from CJ. This one is easy, since no stitching is actually involved. So this is a great one for those of you who don't have any stitching time available and/or don't care for the finishing part of stitching.
*******************************************
If you would like to receive 5 stitching items from me, please leave a comment under this message clearly indicating that you would like to be included in my PIF (pay it forward) drawing. I will announce 3 winners on Sunday, February 14th. That gives everyone well over a week to leave me a comment. Please remember to include your email address so I can send you a note if you are a winner!
Here are the rules:
  1. Send no less than 5 stitching related items per person within the next 365 days.
  2. Items can be DMC, other threads, stitching needles, straight pins, buttons, scissors, ribbons, etc. - a combination of items such as 3 threads, 1 pack of straight pins and 1 pack of stitching needles or just 5 threads.
  3. The items must be new and not used. (Send things you'd be happy to receive.)
  4. If you win, you must be willing to post this PIF on your blog and do the same for at least 2 people.

The PIF is simple and very easy to do, so I hope you'll give it a try!

On the stitching front, I've finished a couple more charity squares. First, is a snowman that will be used for a raffle quilt with proceeds going to help a no-kill rescue shelter for blind cats.

Next, is a Cherished Teddie detective that will be used for a man's quilt with the theme of heroes.I'm now working on some personal stitching projects in addition to a few more charity squares. I'm beginning the Monopoly gameboard. Of course, just what I needed to do - sign up for another SAL. I really need to get my time organized so I begin to actually accomplish something in addition to the vast amount of time I spend on this computer. LOL

I know there are other pics I haven't posted yet, but I can't really think of what they are right now. Just too late and I need to get some sleep. And I have some pics on my camera that I still need to upload onto my computer.

Last but definitely not least - it's time for Nascar again. The 2010 theme is DRIVE FOR FIVE!!! Yep, Jimmie's going for his 5th consecutive championship! Go Jimmie!!!!!

Thanks for stopping by and please leave comments. I love hearing from you. Be sure to leave a comment on this post if you want to be included in my PIF drawing on February 14th!
Happy Stitching Day,
Barb

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Your snowman is adorable. And I love the Cherished Teddie. Back when I had my first son, I stitched several Cherished Teddies patterns and framed them to hang in his room...now 14 years old - the pictures had to come down and are wrapped in bubble wrap. Maybe they will see the day of light when his first child is born many years from now :)
Take care!
Lisa D

Meari said...

Your snowman and CT are adorable. Great job. Good luck with your PIF, no need to include me in the drawing as I've already participated in this one.

Linda said...

Is this where we sign up for a PIF? I've always wanted to do something like this but, as always, a day late and a dollar short. Your card came out really nicely! I'm impressed that you did the kiss in silver thread. I am not a fan of the metallics, but they are pretty.
Lynn

glenda said...

I am loving that snowman...and Detective Rodney is fabulous!!

Concerning Jimmie...whatever.

lmao