Friday, December 04, 2009

Snow & Advent Exchange

I know this isn't a big deal to some of you, but here in SE Texas, it's a big deal.  We got a couple inches of snow today, and we rarely see the white stuff down here.  I let the kid in me come out and built 2 snowmen (one in the front yard & one in the back yard).  You can see in the 1st pic that it was coming down pretty hard.  I know my snowmen aren't very good, but made the best with what I could find.  LOL  They will melt quickly anyway. 





Here's pics of what I've received in my Advent Exchange from Glenda.  First pic is of all the packages and second pic is what I've opened on days 1 - 4.  This is such a fun exchange and it's the 3rd year I've participated in it. 


On day 1, I opened the cutest LED frog keychain.  It goes ribbit, ribbit when you press on the light. 
Day 2 was a package of 2 sachets to stitch. 
Day 3 was a lovely journal and matching photo album.   I plan to use the photo album for pictures of some of my stitching projects. 
Day 4 was 3 Stitch A Card Kits (2 for Christmas and 1 of a cat).



Time to get back to some stitching now while watching the final episode of Monk.  Sure am going to miss that show.  Thanks for visiting.
Barb


11 comments:

Pike said...

Glad you were so thrilled! We have no snow in this part of Finland, waiting eagerly it would be a bit lighter!
Cute snowmen :)

Carin said...

Well, I love snow around Christmas time! And your snowmen are very cute. Great to see this first snowpictures.

Lisa said...

How fun to get a little unexpected snow - I am so happy to see you enjoyed it by reverting to childhood snowman making...as one should! It has been awhile since we have seen the white fluffy stuff (at least 6 years since moving from Minnesota to Northern California). It is pretty, but I don't miss the snow/sand that got tracked onto my kitchen floor :)
Take care and happy holidays.

Carolyn NC said...

What fun - both the snow and the exchange? Love the snowmen and your gifts!

Terry said...

Great exchange gifts! I bet you had a ball "playing in the snow". We haven't seen snow in about 20 years. Hopefully, one day we will get another light snow on Christmas Eve. lol

Mylene said...

Cute snowmen!! have fun opening the gifst.

Mzplcdokie said...

Great photos of the snow and oh the memories for the future. I do understand totally about the big thing snow is in SE Texas (I lived in El Paso for several years when little...got about an inch one year...lol). I love the idea of the Advent Exchange; what fun and gifts one through four are fantastic...I'm sure the others are great as well. Enjoy it all; the snow and Exchange.

Meari said...

Very nice gifties, Barb. I have a little froggie like that. He's so adorable :)

I can send you some snow on Wed. We've got a blizzard warning out with 6-12" of snow. Ack!

Tracey said...

Sweet snowmen!! :) You are so lucky- I wish it would snow here!! Lovely gifts you've gotten so far!

~dani~ said...

Hi Barb!!
SpookyTimeJingles.com was here! We saw our linking badge on your blog! How cool! Hope you win a door prize!! Winners announced tonight! Thanks bunches and see you again next month ;) Hope you win again!

glenda said...

Love your snowmen! Good for you!