Friday, November 13, 2009

Happy Friday the 13th and more!

Can't believe it's been so long since my last post here. I need to keep up more often (well, like that's gonna happen - NOT). ;-) I have been stitching a little and did finish a piece for Halloween. This is an OakHaven Design called Goodnight Halloween & I stitched it on a piece of 14 ct Sapphire Stitching's Lemon Splash Aida. Isn't he just the cutest? The poor little guy is just tuckered out from all the treating he did. LOL
Now I'm stitching exchange projects, so won't be posting anything about them until they are sent & received. And I just found the cutest 2 charts that I've added to my wish list. They are just too funny, so am going to share pics of them with yall. These charts are by Prairie Moon and are titled The Crypt Club and Merry Christmas. They sure aren't your normal type of designs, but they are just so me. Yep, I have a weird sense of humor. LOL
I had an appointment for my yearly boob smashing exam this morning, but guess I was so anxious to have it done that I went YESTERDAY! Talk about feeling dumb! But they were nice and did the test for me so I wouldn't have to return again today. I made my appointment for next year on the same day as my eye exam, so I shouldn't make this mistake again. (at least I hope not).

For all you fans of Weeks Dye Works threads, I just read that their threads are going to be colorfast. As they produce new batches of colors when they run out, the colorfast production will begin. What a neat idea, so their won't be a problem with washing projects with these overdyed threads in the future.

Have a great weekend and thanks for visiting my blog. I do so appreciate everyone coming and leaving comments. I know I don't leave comments for everyone like I should be doing, but hope yall know how much I enjoy reading your blogs and viewing all the beautiful stitching. It's time for me to get stitching, so I bid yall tu-da-loo!

Barb

8 comments:

Carolyn NC said...

Cute finish! I love your description of a mammogram! I remember it being described where they take a cup and try to make it a saucer....LOL

Annie said...

Love your little kitty. I like those Prairie Moon pieces too. I'm very tempted by them, but I'll wait to see if still feel the urge to stitch them next year.

CindyMae said...

Love the finish! Those designs would be perfect for my mom too! Great news about the threads, that is awesome!

Sonda in OR said...

Very cute kitty!

Mylene said...

Cute halloween finish!!

Meari said...

Cute finish, Barb. Kinda funny about the exam... sounds like something I'd do!

glenda said...

What a sweet kitty! Good choice :)
I really like those Halloween designs too, I bet they would be fun to stitch. I think I will put them on my internal wish list :)

disa said...

I love it ! Very creative ! That's actually really cool Thanks.