Saturday, June 20, 2009

Saturday Check-In

Good afternoon everyone.  Hope your weekend is going well and you're doing fun things.  I just found out I won a door prize from Ginny at Spooky Time Jingles.  Isn't this just the cutest Christmas Kitty?   
I also received the prize I won at SanManville from Twig.  It's the Beaded Rose chart from Just Nan.  This is such a lovely design and I plan on using some of the silk threads I have for it.  It's a small enough design to practice using silks.
I've been a busy stitcher lately. Since the next part of Castles in the Air has been delayed in being ready, I've been using the time to catch up on my OakHaven Languages of a Stitcher SAL. I've finally gotten through part 8. I haven't washed & ironed it yet, so it's still rather wrinkled.
It's been hot here lately.  Yesterday, it got up to 100 degrees and was miserable.  I'm staying inside in the cool air conditioning unless I absolutely HAVE to go out.  Good excuse to stitch, putz on the computer, nap & watch TV.  I don't really need an excuse, but thought it sounded good.  LOL  Well, that's it for now.  Thanks for visiting with me and hope you'll come again.  Have a great weekend!!!
Barb

11 comments:

Becca in MD said...

Nice work you've got going. I'm on part 12 I think with the OHD Languages piece, and I still need to finish up the Castle's SAL pt 3 before the other one comes out.

Nice to see someone else's work on the same pieces. :D

CindyMae said...

Your progress is just gorgeous!!

Stitcher said...

I love that SAL, never seen that one before, whereabouts do you get the chart.

Chrizette said...

That rose is beautiful! The colors are also so nice together!

Meari said...

Languages of a Stitcher is REALLY pretty, Barb. That kitty is sooo cute! Congrats on your SM win... what a pretty design.

Maren said...

Languages of a Stitcher is just gorgeous! Wow--i.e. Darn it! Now I've got to buy another chart! lol

Lana said...

Languages of a Stitcher is beautiful!!! I love the colors in it!!! I'm with Maren! I gotta get it...on the Wish list it goes!

mainely stitching said...

Wrinkles or not, that looks fabulous! Stay cool! ;P

lenna said...

Love, love the cat statue but then I am a cat person. I have 2 and they are both slightly crazy. You stitching is so pretty. I love your castle piece so much. The color combination is awesome.
Take care ~ it has been hot here hasn't it? I will be glad when that couple of winter days gets here. I am afraid we have a long wait though.
God Bless ~
Lenna

Mary Ivancicts said...

I just love your SAL, very pretty. The kitty is a cute win, and the one from Just Nan.

glenda said...

You are a huge winner!!! :)
Congrats on the goodies.

Your pieces are so beautiful. you are really stitching up a storm the last few months. I am completely jealous of your ability to focus!