Sunday, May 17, 2009

New Stash, prizes won & SAL update

I've been really enjoying my stitching time this past week because I finally got a new lamp. Here's a pic of it - the OttLite floor lamp. I went to JoAnns last weekend and they had it on sale for 40% off, so I just couldn't pass up the deal. Thank heaven for the stimulus payment. I did my share to help the economy. Also got some other stash while I was there.
Besides this wonderful new stash, I stopped at Half Price Books and found some cross stitch books. Actually, only 5 of the books in the picture are from there. The other 2 are from the library used book store.
I won a prize from Funk & Weber at the online Needlework Show. I chose the "Anything is Possible" chart. I've also recently won a couple of prizes from SanManville. The topiary kit (won from Janet) comes packaged in a medicine bottle as a prescription for cross stitch fever. It's just so cute and what a unique packaging idea.
I've been working on the May SAL from SanManville. I've got all 3 parts finished. Now I've got to catch up on my other SALs (OakHaven monthly charts, OakHaven "Love Grows," OakHaven "Language of a Stitcher," and Papillon's Castles in the Air). I should be keeping busy and getting lots of time to enjoy using my new lamp.
Thanks for visiting my blog. In case you didn't notice the new pic in the right hand column about Operation Nice, check it out. It's pretty neat & I plan on joining in. Hope some of you will also. I wish all of you a great week!!!
Barb

9 comments:

CJ Peck said...

Barb -

Looks like you have had a great time this month stitching and acquiring stash. HAve fun wiht it all.

CJ

Cindy F. said...

Great goodies Barb!! Love your book finds too:)

CindyMae said...

Love the new lamp, I need one of those as well!! Love all your new goodies and congrats on winning! Also love the progress on your current WIP!!

Renee G said...

Oh, I've wanted an Ott light. My husband bought me a "cheap imitation" a few years back, but I'm ready to toss it and get the real thing.

rsgrandinetti@yahoo.com

Anita said...

I love your new lamp. You are making wonderful progress on your SanMan SAL; it is very pretty I need to start, LOL.

Old Yankee Stitcher said...

Have almost that same lamp, also from Jo Anns, it is great for stitching. Enjoy your new things. CJ ok;-)

Meari said...

Congrats on your new stash, and wonderful stitching!

Pike said...

Great stuff! Once again congrats on winning the Funk and Weber - is was tough... :)

glenda said...

I am proud of you for spending your stimulus check like all good americans should! hehe
You will never regret your lamp, that's for sure. it's amazing the difference blazing white light can make. Congrats on your wins as well. You really are social... (yes, I said that out loud) LMAO