Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

Hope everyone had a nice Memorial Day weekend.  I enjoyed watching all the racing (both Nascar & the Indy 500) and stitching.  Was thrilled to see Helio win at Indy, but was bummed about all the rain delays in the Nascar racing.  Oh well, guess there's nothing anyone can do about changing Mother Nature.  ;D  I thought it was terrific how Nascar followed President Obama's suggestion to have a moment of silence at 3pm EST.  During the Coca Cola 600 race on Monday, Nascar lowered the track flag to half mast, had the drivers line up on pit row, stopped the race, had all the drivers turn off their cars, asked everyone to stand and had a minute of silence.  It was an awesome way to show respect for all those in the service (both past & present).
*******************************************************
I finished the next part of the SanMan SAL.  I'm having such fun stitching this.  I'm still working on my part 2 of the Papillon Castles in the Air SAL.  I'll get a pic when I finish this part.
It's time to get back to my stitching now.  I truly appreciate yall visiting my blog & hope yall have a great week.  Signing off with many Texas sized hugs,
Barb

11 comments:

Cindy F. said...

That really was such a respectful thing for Nascar to do. I'm very proud of our military and of Nascar for sharing that pride and respect.
Your SanMan SAL is just the cutest!! I'm really enjoying this adorable piece!

Old Yankee Stitcher said...

This little SanMan project is very cute, I will check back for the update pic on the other. CJ ok;-)

Dawn B. said...

I say that was great of them to show that kind of respect. Sorry I missed it..I was at work. Love the SanMan SAL..should really get back to that group.

Mylene said...

The SanMan SAL is soooo cute!

Meari said...

SM piece is really cute, Barb.

Lisa said...

Your SanMan is so cute! The expression on the frogs face is so sad looking...maybe he needs to chomp on one of those tasty flies? I look forward to finding out what fun animal will represent the winter square...
Take care!
Lisa in CA

Barb said...

That is so cute

CindyMae said...

That is such a cute piece and the progress is looking fantastic! Glad that you enjoyed your weekend!

starydreamer said...

your smo sal is looking great!!!

Mary Ivancicts said...

This is looking great!

glenda said...

I second your thoughts on the Nascar tribute. It was awesome.
your SAL is coming along wonderfully!