Thursday, April 16, 2009

My new BAP

I've got a stitching update to post. Just finished part 1 of the Papillon Creations SAL "Castles in the Air." It's a 2 year BAP (big a** project) and I'm excited about taking part in it. I'm stitching on 14ct white aida and using the following DMC threads: 702, 703, 907, 552, 554, 893, 744, 718, 155, 603, 722, & Light Effects E130. Additionally, the design calls for DMC 807, 3765, 3766, 610, 3046, 3045, 310, 9072, & White. The white didn't show up too well on the white fabric, so I used DMC variegated 4160. You can find information about this SAL here Prior to stitching on the Castles project, I finished the June square for the OakHaven Designs SAL and now move on to the July. On the non-stitching news, I signed up for Twitter today to help CNN reach a million followers before Ashton Kurtcher does. Not sure about it, but thought I'd give it a try. You can find a link to twitter in the right hand column under my profile - if you're interested or even just curious. Edit: I really didn't care for twitter, so have removed my account there.
That's all for now. Better get some sleep before the morning sunlight comes up. LOL Thanks for visiting my blog and for your comments. I'm behind on the blog reading again, so don't think I've forgotten to check out all your blogs.
In stitches,
Barb

16 comments:

mbroider said...

Barbara, I have been following your blog, and love to see your update pics.

The part 1 looks great!! and i am wanting to join this SAL:) Can you tell me if there are any alternatives for using beads and metallic threads pls?

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

These both look great!

Becca in MD said...

I Love your start on the Castles piece. I'm going to get started on the next one soon cause I just finished the first too!

Cindy F. said...

Your castles piece is already amazing! I really want to join in on this,,,,just no time!! So I'll just watch yours grow:)
I love your June ice cream!! Very pretty.

CindyMae said...

Great job on both pieces!!!

Mylene said...

Both finishes looks wonderful.

Hope you have wonderful weekend!

Daffycat said...

Castles looks fantastic! I love your color choices.

Cute June block...ICECREAM! Yum!

Cynimin said...

Hi, I love the colors you chose on the Pap Sal. I'm just about finished with part one. Good Job!

Marita said...

Love your stitching, it looks fabulous.

A friend talked me into signing up for twitter a few weeks ago. It is sucking up much more of my stitching time than I had anticipated. But it is fun. :)

Pike said...

I love your Papillon SAL - great colours!

mbroider said...

Thanks for the suggestion Barb. I have joined the SAL:)

Barb said...

The Castles pieces is going to be beautiful. Love the colors. Cute ice cream piece.

Sharon said...

I love the colors you've chosen for your BAP - it's going to be a beauty! And who wouldn't love the ice cream square - cute, cute, cute! (I especially love the drips - I've never eaten a cone without a drip!) :)

Dawn B. said...

This is a BAP but it will look very nice when done. Don't know that I could commit to 2 years on one project. Love the ice cream cone stitch.

glenda said...

Gorgeous!! One of these days I may have to try a SAL. Wait, I have to get back to stitching regularly first LOL

disa said...

I love it ! Very creative ! That's actually really cool Thanks.