Sunday, April 05, 2009

Finished my stitcher's challenge squares


I finished stitching all 6 of my stitcher's challenge squares.  I've already posted the first 3 (golfer, garden, windmill) in a previous post, so here's the last three.  The first pic is for the dog theme category.  It's a design from one of the UK stitching mags (don't know which one at the moment).  The second pic is for the cat theme category and the design is a complimentary chart from Purrfect Spots by Nan Baker entitled Casey, Josh & Friends (I added the words to the design).  And the third pic is for the Mountain category and it's a Prairie Schooler Log Cabin design.
In June, there will be 6 more categories for the stitcher's challenge.  They will be due at the end of 2009.  I'm looking forward to seeing what they will be.
**********
I've got 2 more charity squares I've signed up to stitch - both are angel cats from the 2003 Vermillion Stitchery Angel Cats & Puppies series.  I'm planning to stitch the June & October designs.
**********
And I've signed up for a new SAL from Papillon Creations.  This is a BIG project that will take 2 years to finish and is called Castles in the Air.  I've got my fabric & floss ready and plan to start on it today while watching the Nascar race.
**********
I finally tried dying two pieces of 14 ct aida.  The first is with Kool-Aide and the second is with Welch's grape juice.  I bought some Rit Dye to try out some other colors.
I've been going through all my charts to de-stash and so far have a stack approximately 14 inches high.  Many of these are complimentary charts I've collected over the past years which I know I'll never stitch.  I plan to give most of them away at the SanManville message board during the month of September (when I'm hosting the monthly twinkle games).  Some of the leaflets I will scan & post pics online to trade or PIF.
**********
That's all for today.  Shadow is bugging me to feed him some canned cat food.  You'd think the poor cat was starving.  LOL  He's always got dry food out, but he sure does love the canned stuff I give him every morning.  Thanks for visiting and I appreciate all your comments.
Have a beautiful day,
Barb

7 comments:

mainely stitching said...

That's some pretty stitching you've done!

Sonda in OR said...

Those are lovely squares...all three of them!!

Mylene said...

Such cute square finishes, Barb.

Cindy F. said...

Wonderful squares Barbara!
Wow! Your fabric came out beautiful! Great colors!

CindyMae said...

Love the squares!!!! You done a fantastic job on all of them!!! Love the dyed material! You done a wonderful job on dying them!!

Connie B said...

Nice work, and your fabby looks great!

glenda said...

Wow! you have been so busy!! The squares are lovely, love the cat ones. Your fabby looks fabulous!! Congrats on being so darn creative.
I will be awaiting your trade items as you always have something I seem to NEED!! LOL