Monday, February 02, 2009

Monday Check-in

I am honored that Meari has awarded me this special Love Blog award for my stitching lots of squares for charity quilts. I don't stitch nearly as many as I used to though.
Now, I must spread this love to 5 other bloggers. So without further ado, I choose: Mylene (Crafter in Texel) - for the beautiful stitching she creates and for sending her completed work to so many others. Beth (Crossed Purposes) - for being such an inspiration with her wonderful spirit. She has many physical challenges that she doesn't let get in her way of living life to the fullest. Glenda (Cross Stitch and Cat Hair) - for being such a good friend and my personality twin. I know I can always chat with her, because she understands where I'm coming from. Cindy (Lonestar Stitcher & Her Ramblings) - for her cheerful disposition and always taking the time to send an email to everyone posting on her blog. All my blog followers & comment writers (Too many to list each one) - for your many kind & supportive comments, making me feel so good and giving me the motivation to continue my stitching addiction. Bless you ALL!
On to my latest stitching update - here's April. For such a small piece, it seemed to take me forever. Had way too many frogs visiting. Grrrrrrr I didn't like how my original bunny & baskets looked, so changed their colors and even changed the basket shapes. I'm still not 100% happy with this one, but it's gonna have to stay. I'm not chancing anymore frog visits. Just got the May design, so I can begin that one. **********
And I really need to get busy with my 2 SanManville SALs. It's time to stitch the 2nd charts and I still haven't stitched the 1st Christmas chart (although did manage to do the 1st Halloween one). Oh so many projects and just doesn't seem to be enough time in the day. LOL **********
And the mailman just came with my recent order from 123 Stitch. I got 2 SMO charts that were on sale (Plant, Grow, Bloom and Such Is Life). Also got 4 skeins of GAST for sending to 2 people in the group birthday floss club I'm in. **********
Well, folks, that's all she wrote today. Need to get to my stitching. And BTW, I am feeling so very much better now. My mood is uplifted, I'm actually getting dressed everyday (not staying in pjs), and I have a more positive outlook on my life. The sadness and gloom & doom hanging over me has left (thank the Lord) and I'm not crying all the time. Aint't drugs wonderful? LOL Well, the prescribed ones anyway. Life is good! And Nascar is starting again! Yippee!!!!! Go Jimmie!!! **********
Thanks for visiting and please come back now, ya hear!!! Barb

9 comments:

Cindy F. said...

Oh Barbara! You sound 1000% happier:) I'm so glad to hear that kick in your step is back!

Congratulations on your award! You so deserve it:) And how sweet of you to share it with me! Thank you dear friend!

Your April piece is adorable. So sorry about those darn frogs! I don't know how the baskets were supposed to look, but I love the way you stitched them! Good job girl!

Sending you Texas size hugs:)

Terry said...

I love what you did with April and the color fabric you used as well. I'm so glad that you are feeling better! Keep smiling and stitching too.

Carolyn said...

Congratulations on your well deserved award, Barbara!! Your stitching looks great, in spite of that stupid frog-critter. Just don't send him my way. LOL

I'm soooo glad you are feeling better. I've been there and I know how frustrating it is, but the prescriptions DEFINITELY help. :) Hang in there and keep moving forward! {{{HUGS}}}}}

Meari said...

Glad you're feeling better, Barb! Here's to bright, cheery days. :)

P.S. I'm glad you got outta those PJ's. They were starting to smell ;-) LOLOL

CJ said...

Barb,

So happy to hear you are feeling better. That is wonderful news. Congrats on the award.

CJ

CJ said...

Hey Barb -

I just read in the paper that Jimmie has been named the Speed Channel Performer of the Year for 2008. That should put a smile on your face.

See ya!!


CJ

Mylene said...

So good to hear you are feeling much better, Barb!
Congrats on the award and Thank you so much for thinking of me.
Hope you have a nice weekend!!

glenda said...

Hey girlfriend!
Thanks for the awesome reward. Puts a big smile on my face :)
So happy you are feeling better, I hate it when my "twin" is feeling out of sorts!

disa said...

I love it ! Very creative ! That's actually really cool Thanks.