Friday, February 20, 2009

Happy Friday Ya'll!

I received this friends' award from Cindy and want to thank her so very much for thinking of me.
^^^^^^^^^^
These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbon's of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these kind writers. When you pass the award along please include these guidelines. I am to choose eight friends to share this with. I'm sending this award on to all of you who read my blog because I consider all of you my friends and cannot choose some over others.
^^^^^^^^^^


I've joined the Stitchers' Village.  It's free, so you might want to check it out.  Anything stitching related for free is always worth checking out.  ;D
^^^^^^^^^^





I just finished stitching this square for a charity quilt that will be raffled to raise funds to help with medical expenses for a young lady that received a charity quilt that I had stitched a square for.  This design is "Sandy" from the book "101 Bears With Personality."  It's stitched on white 14 ct aida with DMC threads.  I've still got 2 more that I'm stitching for this quilt.
^^^^^^^^^^

Thanks to everyone for visiting my blog.  I've been reading everyone's blogs on my google reader, but haven't been too good at going to all the blogs & leaving comments.  Just wanted to let ya'll know that I am reading your blogs and plan tol get caught up on leaving comments asap.
^^^^^^^^^^
Have a happy weekend.
Barb

9 comments:

Wendy said...

Hi Barbara,

Congrats on your award! I received it too and it really gives a good feeling, knowing that you have friends!

I love your charity quilt, it looks great!

I have also joined the Stitchers village. I did introduce myself already, and it is really fun.

Take care,
Wendy

Cindy F. said...

Your bear square is just too cute!!
Love it!

Erynne said...

Congrats on your award Barb! Love your little bear! :o) :o)

I like what you said "Anything stitching related for free is always worth checking out." I quite agree!

glenda said...

what a sweet bear :) You always do the cutest charity squares!
congrats on the award - you deserve it ;)

Mylene said...

Your finished square for charity is so cute.

Congrats on the award.

Craft-i-leigh said...

I really hate to bug you, but I think you could be very helpful. Having the calculator on your blog is. :) I am new to the world of stitching and have been browsing various blogs to try and gain some knowledge and get some tips / ideas. I originally started with a stamped, then counted “kits”. I’m working on my 2nd chart and have noticed some big differences in floss types and quality.
My Cross Stitch Mentor has told me that I’m ready to graduate from Aida, but I really like Aida. Maybe it’s just beginner’s comfort???
If you would answer my question… What type of fabric or fabrics do you prefer and why? Brands and counts?
I would appreciate any advice, thanks!

Barbara said...

To answer Craft-i-leigh, I like aida because it's easier on the eyes than the evenweaves. As for type of fabric, I like a variety of aidas and am now trying out various overdyed types. You can find some beautiful fabrics at Silkweaver, Enchanted, Picture Plus, Sapphire Stitching, just to name a few. I suggest trying out many types to find what you like best. HTH
Barb in TX

Cindy said...

Love the charity square, it is just darling! Also, congrats on the award!

Maren said...

Congrats on your wonderful award! Of all of them floating around, the friendship one feels the best to receive. :) That's a cute little bear. I recognize her from my stash, and am eager to see the other two squares you do for the charity quilt.