Monday, January 26, 2009

Couple of finishes

My shakiness from the new meds is finally lessening so I can stitch again. Thank heaven. I stitched on 2 SAL projects. Thanks to everyone for your comments and words of encouragement. The depression isn't as bad now, so guess the meds are helping that (and I'm very grateful).
***************
First is the January square from the OakHaven Designs SAL. Now I'm ready to stitch the February square. I'm stitching mine as individual ornament squares and not on one large piece of fabric. I did this on 14ct green Aida and used DMC threads.
***************
The next piece is from the SanManville Halloween SAL. It's a members only design that is not available anymore. Now I'm ready to stitch the 2nd chart. Haven't decided yet if I'm going to make it into a flatfold, cube or tuck. I stitched this on 14ct dyed fabric from Sapphire Sitching. It's one of the colors in her fall collection. I loved working on this fabric.
***************
Well, that's all for now. I'm going to get busy stitching again. Thanks for visiting my blog and for comments you leave. I so enjoy reading & appreciate all your comments..
Barb

11 comments:

Cindy F. said...

So glad to hear you're feeling better and stitching again:)
These are 2 very cute pieces!! I really love the orange dyed fabric!
Great choice!
Take care:)

Connie B said...

Nice finishes! I LOVE the halloween one! I guess I need to stitch mine up!! Glad you are able to stitch again.

Mylene said...

Glad to hear you are feeling much better, Barb.
Your two finishes are great. I love the fabric you have used for thew halloween piece.

Becca in MD said...

That fabric you used for the SanMan is awesome!

Iris said...

Love your SAL's too. Love the fabric !!!

Anita said...

Wonderful finishes. Glad to hear the shakiness has gone away, and that you are feeling better and able to stitch. I trully find it "Depressing" when I can't stitch, and will actually go into what I call withdrawls. They must really show, because my husband or my kids will say.... Honey/Mom you NEED to go stitch LOL. Anyway, glad the meds are working better for you. Great finishes! Thanks for sharing them!

starydreamer said...

beautiful finishes well done :-)

Wendy said...

Great finishes! I like the halloween one too. I would like to make something of Halloween too, even it is not that much celebrate here in Belgium. It is a nice holiday.

CraftyT said...

I just recently came across your blog. I really like the fabric you used on the SanMan design.

Glad to hear you can get back into somae stitching.
Take Care
Natasha

glenda said...

Wahoo!!!
What cute finishes. I adore the Halloween fabby!

Meari said...

Ooooooh, cute finishes! Really like the SMO one.