Monday, January 19, 2009

Charms, Depression & Inauguration Day

What a title for today's post, but wanted to let ya'll know before beginning to read this that I'm covering a variety of topics today.
I finally took a picture of my new charms, so thought I'd share with you.  I bought all these for $8.40 (including shippping) from ACharmingPlace during their recent great sale.  Many were only 5 cents each and the most expensive one I purchased was the pair of eyeglasses for 28 cents.  They offer great prices all the time, but couldn't pass up the fantastic sale.  I'm really looking forward to adding these to my stitching projects.
My stitching has really suffered lately because I'm just too shakey from new medication my doctor put me on.  Certainly hope this passes ASAP.  The meds are really important since I've gotten back into my depression pit.  Haven't had it this bad for the last 10 years, and believe me, I sure don't want to experience it now.  It's a struggle just to get up every day.  I stay in my pjs most days and don't go out.  Good thing I had some meals in the freezer or I'd just be eating peanut butter sandwiches all the time.  I haven't done laundry in a month, but it's getting to the point where I won't have anything left to wear that is clean.  Staying in my pjs has allowed me to go this long without doing laundry.  Well, sorry for dumping on everyone, but just needed to vent some.  I'm trying to hang on to the thought that "this too shall pass" - but it's not easy to believe right now. 
 
Tomorrow is Inauguration Day and I can finally cheer that a new, fresh face will be in the White House.   I wish our new President much success during his term and hope he is able to bring about the improvements our country so desperately needs. 
Thanks for visiting my blog and I hope everyone is having a much better day than I am having.  ;D
Barb. 

14 comments:

BW said...

Wishing you well with your new meds. Sometimes all it takes is a little change in them and things get a lot better.

So glad you linked to A Charming Place. But also very mad! You, you, you, enabler you! LOL

Annie said...

Hope you start feeling better soon, Barb.

That's a great charm collection. Should really add some nice touches to your finishes.

Happy Inauguration Day!

CJ said...

Barb, it will pass. You just have to be as strong as you can be. Enjoy the inaguration change is coming.

CJ

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

Sorry the meds are giving you issues. Praying that it calms down enough for you to stitch.

OH I Definitely agree with BW you are such a bad girl showing us the charms and a link to where you go to get them.

I can only hope and pray that good will come from the new President.

Terry said...

Charms are nice and what a deal! I hope the meds get figured out soon. Sometimes it takes a little while for everything to settle down. Hopefully it won't be much longer for you. I'm excited about having a new President. It's the first time in a very long time that I have confidence in our top guy. The good energy/vibes coming from this day will hopefully help you smile a little. I'm off to watch the Inauguration Day coverage. Stay warm and know you are thought off often by a bunch of us. God bless!

Wendy said...

These charms looks very nice, they will look great on a stitching project!

Hope you will feel much better!! Keep my fingers crossed for you that you will have better times. It sure will pass.

Mylene said...

Hope and pray the new meds help, please keep strong.
WOW! Those charms are great.

Anita said...

I am a recent reader of your blog, and stumbled on it a few weeks ago. I just want you to know, you are not alone in the depression. I know first hand how hard and fast it can hit. Hang in there. At least you are getting some help for it.

Anita said...

Sending prayers your way, Barb. I hope you are feeling better soon :)

Cindy F. said...

You hang in there Barbara! I've been where you are and I know it's not an easy thing to get through. If your meds aren't working better soon, please call your dr.
Sending you hugs and prayers from TX:)

Sandra said...

Get a big hug from Venezuela (extra warm since now we've got the tropical heat back). Hope you feel better soon Barb, I'm praying for you.

You have a nice collection of charms! I love them, specially the moon.

Joke said...

Barb, I know what you are going through and I just hope you feel a little bit better today. You're in my thoughts!

Marian said...

Thinking of you, Barb. I've been on AD's for awhile. Once it kicks in, all is better. I'd be terrible to live with if I didn't have the good old Cymbalta. It took several tries to get the right one.

glenda said...

Hey girlfriend!!

I am really hoping the meds aren't being a PITA, or at least have mellowed out a bit.

Those are some great charms, and what a price!!