Friday, December 19, 2008

In Memory of Caylee

On day 19 of Advent, I opened this package of buttons in many colors.  I love buttons and can never have too many of them.  They always remind me of my grandma and how I used to play with her huge tin of buttons.  I so miss her - even after all these years she's been gone (since 1967).


Well, now I want to post something very sad.  They announced today that the skeletal remains found in Florida are those of 3 year old Caylee Anthony.  I pray that she is now safely in God's care and no longer in any pain.  Perhaps she has met my grandma and is being rocked by her.  I am very saddened by this story and in memory of beautiful little Caylee - here's a picture of her.  God Bless Her!
Thank you for visiting.  Barb

7 comments:

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

I heard that they announced it was Caylee and just burst into tears.

I am thankful that they found her but saddened that her death was the final result.... May those that knew her and loved her can find some peace and comfort in knowing she is no longer missing or hurting. Closure has finally come.

Connie B said...

Wow, what a beautiful child! Sorry to hear the news, and am sending up prayers for the family!

Cindy F. said...

I've been following her story and even though I believed all along she was no longer alive, I still hoped and prayed she was. Heartbreaking.
Barbara, I love buttons too:) Your grandmother was truly a wonderful lady to have left so many blessed memories with you! She probably IS rocking sweet Caylee:)

Pike said...

She looks so cute - what a sad incident...

Wishing you a Merry Christmas!

Sonda in OR said...

I, too, figured we would see that end, but hoped it wouldn't be. It is comforting to know she is where she can't be hurt anymore. What a cute memory of your grandma. Merry Christmas!

Sandra said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sandra said...

Nice buttons, sweet colors Barb!!! Past few days I was remembering my grandma María, she used to crochet (guess she passed me the bug!) and embroidered it using only one stitch, Bullion.

I also was heartbroken about little Caylee's story. Now she's another angel in Heaven, safe in the arms of the Lord.