Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving and didn't overeat too much. lol I had a nice quiet day at home watching TV & doing some stitching. My DS & DDIL invited me to go with them to my DDIL's aunt's home, but I preferred to spend the day at home. I had a turkey dinner delivered by our local Knights of Columbus (they do this every year for the elderly & needy people in our town).
I received an email from Meari & Glenda and decided to answer in my blog rather than sending emails to everyone. So here goes.....
Welcome to the Christmas edition of getting to know your friends. Okay, here's what you're supposed to do, and try not to be a SCROOGE!!!
Just copy this entire email and paste into a new email that you can send. Change all the answers so that they apply to you. Then send this to a whole bunch of people you know, INCLUDING the person that sent it to you.
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Either/Both
2. Real tree or artificial? Artificial
3. When do you put up the tree? When the mood strikes me
4. When do you take the tree down? Also when the mood strikes me
5. Do you like eggnog? NO WAY - YUK!!!
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Don't remember
7. Hardest person to buy for? No longer buy gifts except for grandgirl
8. Easiest person to buy for? My 4 year old grandgirl
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Use both methods
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Block of wood wrapped up as a joke by my (now ex) hubby. I think everyone can understand why he's now my ex.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Miracle on 34th Street - original B&W version
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Whenever I see something throughout the year that I know will be a great gift for my grandgirl
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Hasn't everyone? lol 15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Sweets (cookies, pie, cake, ice cream - all the yummy stuff)
16. Lights on the tree? OF COURSE! A naked tree wouldn't look right
17. Favorite Christmas song? White Christmas by Bing Crosby
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay home
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? I think I can, I think I can
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Have used both
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas Eve or as soon as I receive something in the mail (I'm not good at waiting)
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? All the build up about the "wonderful & happy" family gatherings, blah-blah-blah (which don't happen in the real world), greediness, commercialism, and my depression being worse during this time of year
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? blue and silver (just like Glenda), but really love all the homemade items (esp cross stitch)
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Ham with all the fixings
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Peace throughout the world and for the economy to get better, people to get jobs again & stop losing their homes.
26. Who is most likely to respond to this? Have no clue whatsoever
PS - I'm adding one last item to this list. What am I looking forward to in 2009? Seeing an end to the reign of King George & all his cronies!!!!! Yes, there is finally a light at the end of the tunnel and I can have hope for the future again. Bout time!!!
Have a terrific weekend everyone and thanks for visiting my blog. Barb