Saturday, October 18, 2008

WOO HOO - I've got wheels again!!!

I've been without a car for the past couple of months since I had to junk my 1987 Chevy SW. Thanks to my wonderful daughter, son & daughter-in-law, I now have a white 94 Buick Century SW. I love it and am so very grateful to my kids.
As for stitching, I just finished a Halloween ornament for an exchange at SanManville. It's "Night Owl" by Prairie Schooler and was in the JCS Halloween Issue magazine. I can post a picture, since my partner has received it in the mail already.
I'm also working on a SanManville SAL of the "Snow Poem Tree" by Erynne Chard. The picture doesn't really show the colors very well. I'm stitching on 14ct gray DMC aida and using DMC 4030 for the large snowflakes, DMC 597 for the small snowflakes and DMC 931 for the words. Thanks for visiting my blog! Have a great weekend!

9 comments:

Lana said...

Wow! a new car!!! Niiiice! I love your stitching as well1 very beautiful!

Annie said...

Yippee! Congrats on a new car and best wishes for happy trails.

I love that owl. He's on my to-do list, but I think he'll have to wait til next year for me.

Meari said...

Woo Hoo on the new wheels! I can't imagine not having transportation... I know you've got to be thrilled. :) Your projects look great, Barb.

kaghos said...

me to I just love your blog.

Sonda in OR said...

Lovely stitching....that owl is great.

Mylene said...

A new car..that's great!!
Halloween ornament looks great barb! The SAL i scoming along good too.

Marita said...

Congratulations on the new car. Is amazing what extra freedom a set of wheels can give you.

Your stitching is looking amazing.

Sandra said...

YAY! It's great to have wheels again! God bless your new car.

Your SAL is looking lovely. I wanted to join, but I'm still far behind on all the other SALs, so had to skip this one. I love the colors you chose.

glenda said...

Yea! a new car!! I hope shadow likes riding in it :)

the owl is cute, very nice job.