Saturday, June 14, 2008

To Honor My Friend

It is with a heavy heart that I write this post. My very good online stitching friend, Greg Childers, passed away after having surgery on May 29th (for a hernia & gastro bypass). We shared many SAL projects and in his honor, I am posting pics of all of them so everyone can see how beautiful his stitching was. You can see all his work at his multiply website - http://peajib.multiply.com/ and can read his blog - http://www.peajibizzy.blogspot.com/.

The last project we were working on is the Erica Michaels Sampler Book. Greg stitched the A, B & C pages. I will so miss finishing this with him.
I have lit a candle for him that will burn for the next 48 hours. http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/message.cfm?l=eng&cid=6162385
Greg - you will be missed dear friend!!!

11 comments:

Ranae said...

I am so so sad to hear that. I visited his blog from time to time. He did some amazing stitches. The Chief was so awesome. I was awaiting a update about the surgery.
Greg will be missed.

leechbabe said...

Barb,

Thank you for letting us know. I'd been wondering how he was. Such sad news. I so enjoyed seeing Gregs updates on the Chief and his other work.

Prayers for his family and friends. Greg will be missed.

Marita

Janice said...

I am very sorry to hear this sad news. I loved seeing his progress on the Chief. Prayers for all his friends and his family.

Chiloe said...

It's so sad ...

Dawn B. said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. I read his blog lots and was following his Cheff project. You all did some great SAL's. He will be missed.

Daffycat said...

Greg, you will be missed.

Meari said...

Great was a great stitcher. He will surely be missed. :(

Iris said...

Very sorry to hear about your friend !!
Big hugs !

Sonda in OR said...

Sorry to hear about your friend. My prayers are with you and his family.

Sandra said...

I'm really sorry to hear about Greg. He was a gifted stitcher.

I'll keep you and his family and friends in my prayers

Cathy said...

Sorry to hear about this. I had been visiting his blog regularly to watch his progress on Chief. He will be missed.