Sunday, April 06, 2008

Memorial Quilt

Although I didn't do the quilting for this, I did stitch one of the squares. I am so in awe of how this has turned out, I wanted to share it with everyone. It is a Virginia Tech Memorial Quilt that has been finished and presented to the university for the 2008 anniversary rememberance. I am happy I was able to be a very small part of this project and hope that it will bring some comfort to the university family.
This second picture is the square that I stitched for the quilt. It is the 4th square on the top row of the quilt.

7 comments:

Marita said...

Love the quilt it looks fantastic and your square is so perfect for it.

Sandra said...

Love the color and the design of your blog Barbara! Is just the right one and fits perfectly on the quilt (as Marita said).

Dawn B. said...

Love the quare you did and the quilt is great as well. I too hope it brings comfert to the families.

Carolyn said...

Oh Barb, the quilt is awesome and I love your square. I wish I had been a part of this one. I feel that charity stitching is such a wonderful way to share our passion for stitching.

Thank you for visiting my blog and I hope you come back again. I'm going to add yours to my list right now!

Hugs,
Carolyn :)

glenda said...

It turned out beautifully! You should be very proud of your excellent contribution :)

Greg said...

Beautiful just Beautiful. Thank you for your part of this wonderful quilt. I am in awe!

Meari said...

That IS impressive! What a great project.