Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Past Week's Stitching Projects

I stitched 4 ornaments this past week, although I have yet to finish them. Participating in the Bride's Tree SAL prompted me to stitch 2 more houses for the January theme and stitch 2 heart designs for the February theme.
This one is "Home" and was a freebie chart from Just Another Button Company. The chart called for Caron Collection Watercolors threads, which I didn't have. I used DMC variations and variegated threads and stitched on 14ct fiddler light aida.
This ornament is "Little Cottage" by Michael Powell. It was a freebie chart to members of the Michael Powell cross stitch group at Yahoo. I used DMC threads and stitched on 14ct pale blue aida.
This ornament is "Keys To My Heart" by Erica Michaels and was a freebie from Rainbow Gallery. I didn't have the Rainbow Gallery threads, so instead used DMC threads and stitched this on 14ct light pink aida.
This fourth ornament is "Be My Love Tree of Hearts" and was a freebie from Passione Ricamo. I used DMC threads and stitched it on 14ct oatmeal aida. I left off the "Be My Love" wording.
It has been so enjoyable stitching these ornaments and now I have to decide how I will finish them.

11 comments:

Linda said...

Ah Barb, the world of freebies. I can't imagine ever buying another chart. It must be our 60's hippie upbringing. LOL So delightful to look at your work. I love that Tree of Hearts, so special. And I really love the MP ornament. His work is so whimsical and colorful. Great job. Post a pic again when you get them finished, I want to see what you did with them. Lynn

Greg said...

WOW you have been so busy this week, I had wonder where you were since I haven't heard from you. All of the finishes are wonderfully done.

Mylene said...

wow! you've been really busy latey, Barb. All looks great and i especially like the the last one. Haven't seen that one earlier.

glenda said...

No wonder you have been so quiet this week LOL!

Your ornaments are too cute. Congrats on multiple finishes!

Dawn B. said...

You have been a busy stitcher this week, all very nice.

monique said...

Nice finishes! I especially like the heart tree :)

Stitcher said...

Barb, these are gorgeous, I really love the Be my love Tree of hearts.

Marita said...

Amazing work. I love the little cottage.

Meari said...

They all look great, Barb!

JinxedChilde said...

Those are beautiful!
You do such lovely work.

Robyn in Oz said...

Lots of cute freebies. You have been busy. Would also like to see how you finish them.