Tuesday, January 22, 2008

WIP Updates

I finished part 1 of the 4 part Mystery SAL I'm doing with the Wonderful Cross Stitch World Yahoo group. The chart (named Back on the Road Again) was designed by Helga Mandl and Barbara Ana and was only available to group members (sign up is over). This design will not be released to the public, so I'm thrilled I was able to participate in this wonderful project. I love the colors in this design and am stitching it on 14 count dirty aida. Am anxiously awaiting for the release of part 2, so I can get busy stitching it. :DI've also been diligently stitching on the cowgirl piece I'm doing for my grandgirl's 4th birthday in February. I'm stitching this on 14ct Silkweaver Opalescent Aida. I actually have more stitched than what the picture shows, but haven't had time to take a new pic. I've now got all the face stitched and most of her hair. I've changed some colors on this also. Rather than DMC 3865 (white) for the dress, I used DMC 4190 (a variegated thread). And I'm using DMC 780 (reddish brown) for the hair instead of DMC 310 (black). Better get back to my needle now. Thanks to everyone for visiting my blog. I appreciate all your interest and comments. Thank You so much!!!

7 comments:

Mylene said...

Hi Barb, both progress are looking great. I love the fabric you used for the cowgirl piece.
Happy stitching!

glenda said...

OMG! I just love the SAL! I can't wait to see it as it progresses. You have been stitching like a crazy woman! I am so jealous!!!

The cowgirl design is so adorable. Katie is going to love it.

Marita said...

Your cowgirls is soooo cute! Where is the design from?

Courtney said...

I was so wishing to join that SAL...I have the first part (the part that you have finished) - might you send me the remaining parts as they're released? We can SAL them together! :o)

elenamac said...

wonderful the mystery chart!! It's come so wonderful!! well done!

love
elena

Dawn B. said...

Both are looking great.

Life Is Fun! said...

Barb,
Love your blog!!! How do I "borrow" blinkies?? And further more how do I add them to my blog?? I am totally inept at this stuff! LOL

Suzanne