Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Pony Girl

I finished the cowgirl chart by My Mark Designs into a wall hanging for my grandgirl's 4th birthday. The finished stitched piece is 9" x 9" so I was unable to find a frame for it. However, I did find a 13" x 13" pink covered wall hanging with ribbons crisscrossed on it for putting on pics, notes, etc. under the ribbons. I removed the crisscrossed ribbons from the board. Then I padded the chart around a piece of cardboard and attached the stitched piece to the front of the pink covered board. It's a different type of finishing, but I'm happy with how it turned out. I do hope Katie likes her "Pony Girl" wall hanging.

6 comments:

glenda said...

She turned out beautifully! What an excellent finishing idea. You should be very proud of yourself :)

Katie is going to love it!!

Marita said...

That looks amazing. I love the finish. Great work.

Mylene said...

Congrats on the finish, Barb. It's so lovely. I am sure your granddaughter will love it.

Janice said...

Beautiful stitching and finishing! I am sure Katie loves it!

monique said...

That turned out very cute... love the way you finished it :)

disa said...

I love it ! Very creative ! That's actually really cool Thanks.