Monday, December 31, 2007

Farewell to 2007

This is my final 2007 post. It's been a good stitching year and I'm thrilled with all the projects I've been able to complete. I stitched 54 squares for charity quilts, 1 crocheted hat for cancer patient, 9 stitched gifts for family & friends, and 3 personal projects. I'm happy with all I was able to finish this year. I received many lovely gifts this year from family and friends which has increased my stitching stash by quite a bit. Loved the Advent exchange I in which I participated in one of my Yahoo groups. So much fun to open a package every day during the 25 days of Advent. Above is the Erica Michaels Sampler Book that I will be stitching as a SAL with Greg & Glenda beginning in January. Our goal is to complete at least one page per month. I will also begin working on The Big Zipper by Bent Creek that I received from my daughter for Christmas. This is the Cowgirl by My Mark Designs that I will be stitching for my grandgirl's 4th birthday in February. Have many other projects in store to stitch for 2008 - SAL in wXSw Yahoo group (to get some of my WIP & UFO projects completed), 2 Mystery SALs (Pamela Kellogg & wXSw Yahoo group), and many charity squares. It looks like a busy stitching year for 2008 - just the kind of year I will thoroughly enjoy! Thanks to each of you for reading my blog and leaving comments for me - I am thrilled to read all of your messages. Thank You so much! HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL!!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Barb,
You made some great accomplishments this year, thats a lot of stitching. I bet a lot of children are happier because of your work. Your a wonderful person and I'm very happy I know you.
Love sandy P. [CSE]

Meari said...

Happy New Year, Barb! I've enjoyed seeing all your stitchy finishes throughout the year. You've done so many! Good luck with your EM SAL. I've always thought that would be a neat one to do.

Mylene said...

Happy New Year, Barb. Congrats on your accomplishment especially that they are mostly for charity. I am sure they are very much appreciated.
I really love the sampler you will starting next, looking forward for the first updates.
Thanks so much for visiting my blog and leaving comments, i do appreciate it so much.

glenda said...

Happy New Year!
Sounds like you have a great year planned - I hope to jump on that boat with you and stitch my heart out in 2008.