Monday, October 15, 2007

October Update

It's been quite awhile since I posted anything here, so have lots to update. My vacation to Indiana was fantastic. I loved being able to spend time with my grandgirl & daughter. Katie is already 3 and growing up so fast. Had a great 60th birthday. The day before I left for Indiana, my son & DIL took me out to Outback for dinner. Went to Olive Garden with my daughter, grandgirl & sister. Then went to Best Buy to purchase a new digital camera with the giftcard I received.
I've been having trouble with my eyes - lots of large spots and floaters that are just so very annoying. Got my new glasses, but the progressives were set too high, so the glasses are being remade. Also seem to be having trouble with dry eyes, so the doctor gave me some Restasis samples to see how that works for me.
I finally got cable TV hooked up and it's so great having good reception on every channel for a change. I'm enjoying all the additional channels now and love being able to watch all the Law & Order reruns and Animal Planet programs.
I have finished stitching 3 charity squares since I last posted. The first two are more quilt block squares for WOCS (double wedding ring design and attic windows design). The third square is a transportation theme for Q4OC that will be sent to Quilts for Kids in Australia. The design is from the June 2006 issue of the UK Cross Stitcher magazine by Maria Diaz.

3 comments:

glenda said...

All the squares are fabulous, but I really like the look of the transportations designs. They have a very 'updated' feel to them.

Congratulations on more beautiful finishes!

Meari said...

Your latest blocks look great, Barb. Glad you had a good bday. 60yrs young! :)

Lana said...

I love those quilt blocks you are stitching...The wedding ring chain one is beautiful!