Friday, September 07, 2007

Best Friends Completed

This is my "Best Friends" square I stitched for Darlene's quilt in Q4OC. The theme of the quilt is dogs and flowers. I chose this pattern from the April 2006 issue of Cross Stitch Crazy magazine and edited it by eliminating the cat above the 2 dogs. The picture really doesn't show up the purple and gold light effects threads used in all the flowers. I am happy to have it finished and be able to mail it for quilting before I leave for vacation to Indiana tomorrow (Saturday). I'm looking forward to seeing my daughter, grandgirl and sister and be able to spend my 60th birthday with them. Of course, I'll take along some stitching with me. :D

8 comments:

Mylene said...

A beautiful finish, Barb. Hope you have a great time with your vacation and a happy birthday too.

Greg said...

I love it! Have a great trip and a very Happy Birthday! YAY!!!!

glenda said...

This may very well be one of my favorites of your charity squares. You did a great job, love the half stitch background!

Have a great trip and a fabulous birthday!

Stitcher said...

That's so cute.
Happy 60th birthday, hope you have a great vacation

Janice said...

Happy Birthday to you!!! Congrats. on the finish! It is really cute! Have a gret vacation!

J Rae said...

How cute! It looks great!

Barb said...

That is so cute! Great job on it.

Carolyn said...

What a cute square! I love it. You did a wonderful stitching job. Congratulations on your finish.