Friday, August 31, 2007

Irish Chain Quilt Block

I just finished this Irish Chain Quilt Block square. It is going to be made into a quilt of various quilt block designs for wocs. This pattern is from the book "Quilts In A Day #1" by Canterbury Designs. I've now begun stitching another square for this quilt - the Double Wedding Ring design.

Must admit I haven't been getting much stitching done lately. I got into an "organizing" mood and finished wrapping all my DMC floss onto plastic bobbins - even all my duplicate colors. It's so much easier to see what colors I have when I only have one place to look. I now have 7 1/2 plastic containers of floss, so I shouldn't need any colors for sometime to come. Now that I've said that, I'll end up running short of some color. :D

4 comments:

Stitcher said...

Lovely finish Barb. I like the sound of your organising. I keep my floss in bags, and have them in plastic boxes with lids, but I'm on the look out for something nicer to store them in.

Marita said...

Great work Barb. Another fantastic finish.

I love organising my floss, all the beautiful colours. Is funny how you can have so much floss and still be missing that one vital colour.

glenda said...

I like the colors in this square. Looks like it was fun to stitch. Congrats on the finish, and on all the floss organizing!!

Janice said...

Beautiful colors! Congrats. on the finish! Those will make a lovely quilt!! So you are organized???? If you saw my 'organizing technique' you might cry tears! lol