Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Finally - it's finished!

Yippee!!! I got the Forever Friends 'Basket of Roses' Teddy completed today. This is for Q4OC and will be donated to Cole's Quilts in Australia. I am so happy to have this one finished. The backstitching was a nightmare - to put it mildly. I really don't understand why designers have the backstitching going inside the aida squares rather than utilizing the holes. It sure makes for tedious stitching that is not any fun. I didn't follow the chart exactly when backstitching and I think the end result is just as nice. I sure don't have any desire to do anymore Forever Friends in the near future, though. :D

8 comments:

Marita said...

He looks gorgeous Barb. Well done.

I feel the same way about Tatty Teddy and the backstitch on those designs. After doing two I'm very hesitant to start anymore tatty ted designs.

glenda said...

great job! He is adorable. I completely know what you mean about the backstitching - Margaret Sherry designs are the same way. They are all so cute, though!!
Congrats on the finish.

Maribel said...

Maybe the Backstich was hard to do, but the result is really cute!
You´ve done a great job!
Greetings
Maribel

Meari said...

Very adorable, Barb. Congrats on the finish.

Greg said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Congratulations on another suberbly done finish!

Janice said...

Congratulations Barb! Another wonderful finish! It is adorable! I love the little sweetie grand daughter pic.! Happy you will get to see her soon! Your blinks are perfect!!!!! I love blinkies!
Hugs to you for all your really nice finishes!

Stitchingnow said...

He is just adorable but yes the back stitching is like that on the Taddy Teddy too.That being said I would still do more Taddy Teds.

Angela said...

Very cute, I love it!