Sunday, July 08, 2007

Finished Hot Cocoa Sampler

I've finally finished my Hot Cocoa Sampler. I used DMC light effects thread for the snowflakes & stars. The snowflakes show up somewhat in the pic, but the stars don't really show up. I've washed and ironed the piece, now just have to find a frame. I really enjoyed doing this SAL with Greg and Glenda. His piece is also done and I kinda like the darker color fabric he used. The thread colors stand out more on his than on the light brown fabric I used. Oh well, live and learn. To take a look at Greg's piece, and his new WIP of an Indian Chief, check out his blog at ShyGuyRamblings. I'm pretty sure Glenda has hers finished also, so check out her work at GlendasBlog and her 10 project challenge she has begun.

4 comments:

Barb said...

That is cute. Great job on it.

glenda said...

I really like that design, and you have done a wonderful job. Love the "creative liberties" you have taken. Nice job!

Meari said...

Very cute, Barb!

Mary Ann said...

Barb, your Hot Cocoa Sampler is a wonderful finish!!