Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Cocoa Sampler Update

I'm still not finished but that's because I've been doing some frogging and restitching. Some colors just didn't show up all that well on the light brown fabric (especially the white), so I've been adding backstitching and changing colors. The pattern calls for some star stitches and snowflakes to be done in white, but I think I'm going to try using the light effects threads to give the piece a little sparkle. Hopefully, those threads will also show up better than the white does. Since this piece is for me, I might as well play around with it some and get a little pattern changing experience in the process.

4 comments:

glenda said...

Whatever changes you are making, they are working out. Looks really good.

Meari said...

It's looking really good, Barb.

Greg said...

WOW the backstitching looks great on it. Your doing such a beautiful job.

Marita said...

Backstitching really does make a huge difference and the piece looks stunning. You have inspired me to get working on the backstitch on my cross stitch. Thank you.