Thursday, June 15, 2006

Down on the Farm

I found this message from Yahoo quite interesting about their email and thought I'd share it. "Your email is stored on a server, and a collection of servers is called a “farm” - which is what the “f” stands for. And farms have numbers. “f348” means your account is on farm 348. Now, f348 is a great farm! They’re all great farms. But we regularly move accounts from farm to farm to balance the load on our servers. So there’s no guarantee your account will be on any specific farm for any amount of time." How neat to be able to say I'm on the farm while I'm checking out my email messages. I've always enjoyed the sights, sounds and smells of the country and now I can enjoy it while sitting in front of my computer (well, in thought anyway).

No comments: