Saturday, January 21, 2006

1st entry of 2006

I've been rather lax at writing in here, but here's my first entry for this year. I'm really excited about completing my first cross stitch quilt block for charity (the heart pictured at the left). I'm beginning my next project today. It's a Disney quilt block. I chose 2 faces to place on one square (Alice in Wonderland & the Cheshire Cat). Thought they would make a nice inclusion for the Disney quilt being made. I've been stitching quite alot since the holidays have ended. Just made a design for myself (Live Simply). I also finished a gift for my granddaughter's 2nd birthday on Feb 9th. I "FINALLY" stitched her birth announcement. Now all I have to do is frame it. And since I've completed all 12 of the Cattitude cats, I need to get busy on making them into a quilt. It will be my first attempt at quilting, so needless to say I'm a little worried about how it will turn out. I haven't even decided on what fabric to use for bordering the designs. Maybe I'll take them to the store so I can choose a material that would complement them but not overpower them. Well, best end this and get my needle going. I'm anxious to see how the Disney block will turn out.

No comments: